Friday, June 25, 2010

Sydnee is 1 month! (well...a month and a half actually)

I am way behind I know.  I feel bad for Sydnee because with Kyrah I was so on top of things but now with two I just am having a harder time finding time to get to the blog.  I still love you Syd-ers! :)

1 month stats:
7 lbs 11oz  (but as of Monday she weighed 8lbs 3 oz.  She is gaining weight fast!)
21.5 inches long

Sydnee is growing so fast!  She LOVES to eat.  She is going to pass Kyrah up in weight pretty soon here.  I make her be on a schedule of eating every 3 hours, but if she had her way she would eat every hour.  She is definitely showing her personality now too.  She is a very good baby except when it is time to go to bed.  She doesn't like to go bed.  lol!  She cries and cries.  I used to think there was something wrong.  But after about 3 weeks of her crying before  bed I just gave up.  I make sure she has her diaper changed and she is fed and burped and all of that good stuff.  Then I just put her down and she will cry from about 10 min to 25 min and then she will fall asleep.  I know some moms out there may think that I am horrible mom because I let my baby cry for that long, but it's the only way that she and I get sleep.  So it works for me.  :)

I forgot about the "cooing" stage  too!  Sydnee is getting into that now.  It is so cute!  I will just lay her on her back and she will just stare and the ceiling fan, Kyrah, me or her daddy and just coo.  I love it!  She occasionally will smile too, but I think it might just be gas for now.  I'd like to think that she recognizes us though.

Since Sydnee is almost 2 months now, I will be posting again with her stats in about 2 weeks.

We love you Sydnee!  You are such a special part of our family :)



Her favorite position is on her belly with her feet curled up underneath her.  She is our little froggy!  I love that little pose (on the right).  She looks like she is trying to do Turbo Jam! (or punch someone)  A girl after my own heart! :) (on left)

Lifting her head up at only about 3 weeks old!  :)

2 comments:

Alli said...

She is so adorable! I just love her!

I let Maddux cry when he was little, too, and it worked. Now, all I have to do is put him in his crib at bed time and he goes right down to sleep [or plays in his crib until he falls asleep]. I am all for that method.

Cassie said...

very cute, I think she looks so much like you and that kyrah looks like ryan! Your girls are darling!