Saturday, September 13, 2008

Update on induction....

Well, today did not play out the way that we had hoped but we are still trying to be in good spirits. We called ahead to make sure everything was ready to go this morning for the induction and they told us that they weren't ready for us quite yet and to call back at 8am. So we did. They then told us that 3 families were ready to leave but were waiting for the pediatricians to check them out, so we needed to wait a few hours. Well, during that time there were a few walk-ins...and since they take presidence over inductions and stuff we were bumped again. Finally by 1pm I called one more time and they said that we would need to be moved to tomorrow morning and to call at 6am before we come in. The good thing however is we have been moved to priority so we should definatley get in tomorrow. It was really hard for me because I was so looking forward to meeting my daughter today, but I have waited this long...one more day isn't going to hurt. So we look forward to tomorrow morning when we can go in and have this baby! :) Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Katy said...

ARGH!!!! SO frustrating when you are COUNTING on having your baby then and there.... but you're a much more patient woman than I am (I freaked out when they pushed me back just a couple hours- not pretty, I'll blame the hormones)
Good luck tomorrow and can't wait to meet Kyrah!

Theron & Melissa said...

Ali, the strangest thing happened last night, or this morning. I had a dream about you. I had gone to your house for some reason and you dad was there. He was packing some random things up for you to take back to his place. That's when I remembered that I THOUGHT I had read you were to be induced on the 5th (dreams, you know). But then in the dream you were having your baby. I woke up all excited to see pictures of her and read your newest update on your blog that you weren't going to have her until this morning. Well, if you did have her this morning I just think it's so bizarre that I had a dream about you having her this morning. Let's see it's about 10:20 so I was probably dreaming about it around 9 am or so. How did it go? Have you seen her beautiful face yet!? I hope you have, you both deserve all the happiness in the world. I can't wait to see pictures. Get lots of rest and we'll chit chat latter over your beautiful miracle. Congratulations!

Kelly Munns said...

how exciting, aly! i can't wait to see that little thing!